Saturday, May 5, 2012

JAY PARK LIVE IN MANILA 2012

If you've seen my blog, my Facebook, my Twitter or even my Youtube account, you'd know I'm not a Jay Park fan but a SS501 fan (Triple S) and that my favorite member is Heo Young Saeng. It's THAT evident, trust me. 
So why blog about Jay Park? 

I learned about Jay Park when I saw his version of "Nothing on you" on TV. I thought it was an amazing rendition so his name became familiar. It was only recently that I really liked him and thought he was cute-- when I saw him perform in Immortal Song 2 (Legend: Kim Gun Mo) and I was only able to see that episode because Young Saeng was on it too (ᄏᄏᄏ). Then the news came, "JAY PARK live in Manila




My friend invited me to go see him and hey, Eastwood is like 10 minutes away from my house so I thought, why not

[2012.05.04] Day of the event. When I left the house it was raining but thank God it stopped before the event started. The opening act was Sabrina. She was ok. Her voice is amazing, I'll give her that, but I really admire singers who write their own songs (or have songs written for them) rather than those who rely on making their versions of other artists' songs. Artists should be unique. My opinion. C'mon, almost all the songs she sang were remakes. 




Jay Park came out and started the show with the song that made him familiar to me, "Nothing on you." 
It actually made me smile hearing him sing it live ^________^





I got your back:


Star:


Q & A:



A dance tutorial of "Know your name" from Jay Park himself ^________^


It was his birthday last April 25 and even though it was more than a week ago, true to Pinoy fashion, we still celebrated his birthday with a cake.."Don't eat the cake without me"


Now here comes the ridiculously embarrassing part-- the sound system was a total disaster! Not only did it failed once, it failed 3 times! It was so embarrassing because the sounds kept turning off in the middle of performances. The first one was on "Up and Down" but Jay Park being the pro that he is still managed to finish the entire song even with no music. 
(REALLY proving that he is an amazing singer)


The second mishap occurred during this performance of "Know your name." He still tried to continue the song even after the sounds went off but I guess he just didn't want to disappoint his fans by not giving them a perfect performance. He even performed a beatbox number to keep the crowd going while the sound guys resolve the technical problem. 


But I guess, the third time is NOT ALWAYS the charm. It happened again and this time even his microphone went off. pffft. 


Now I'll answer my question, "Why blog about Jay Park?" when to tell you honestly, I didn't even make a fan account when I saw Young Saeng last year (ᄏᄏᄏ)

After I saw Jay Park go through a series of unfortunate events that was obviously beyond his control, he still managed to keep his cool, smile to his fans and carry an awesome show. He is a pro and I admire him for that. 

"Let's forget what just happened and let's have some fun.." You gotta give it to him for being so cool and so awesome. I have a newfound respect for this guy. I am a fan.


His closing song was "Girlfriend."



Photos: by my brother, Jano ^^
























































No comments:

Post a Comment