Thursday, June 28, 2012

[I SAY] I am a Triple S, 2 years and counting ~

I was cleaning my room the other day and I found this gathering dust- My American Idol Season 9 CD.



Why am I posting this on my blog? Here's the story ~ 

Early 2010, I became a fan of Lee DeWyze (Season 9 winner of American Idol). 
This is what my desk looked like then (photos from my Facebook Account). 


I was a huge fan. I even watched all the episodes 'til the finale. But this was then.

So one day, during the summer of 2010, I visited my cousins and they exposed me to K-Pop. It was my first K-Pop exposure. My cousin Jai was watching We Got Married season 1 and I got interested in this one particular couple-- JoongBo/ Lettuce couple.

The weekend after my visit, I decided to go to Odyssey to buy me the then newly released American Idol season 9 CD. After getting the CD, just to kill time and out of curiosity, I looked for my newly discovered K-Pop group, SS501. I saw this album called "Rebirth" and was staring at it for quite some time.. "Is this really them?" I thought to myself. C'mon give me a break, it was 2010 and the images of the members that I have in my mind is from 2008! Plus the Rebirth pictorial has this goth feel, the total opposite of the fun Deja Vu (2008) album cover image they had. I looked at the back and saw the price tag.. 
"P1,000?!?! the heck! My A.I. CD is P450.. why is this one so expensive?!"

I went around the store some more, looked at other stuff and went to the counter to pay. It was then that I realized that I was STILL holding the SS501 Rebirth album. Despite it being ridiculously expensive, I never let it go.
Then it hit me real hard, SHIT. I'M A FAN!

I posted this on May 15th , 2010 via my Facebook account right after I bought them.
(This should have given me the hint already.. I placed the Rebirth album ABOVE the American Idol CD.. tsk tsk tsk.)


When I got home, I listened to both my A.I. Season 9 album and my SS501 Rebirth album. I even watched the DVD that came with it. And guess what, that was the first and the last time I played my American Idol season 9 CD because I played the Rebirth album for weeks!

I forgot about Lee DeWyze and his amazing voice and fell in love with Kim Hyun Joong then eventually Heo Young Saeng ^___^

which brings me back to the 1st photo -- My American Idol season 9 CD gathering dust :P



..2 years and a couple of months later.. THIS is what happened to my SS501 Rebirth album ^^



#miSS501




2 comments:

  1. Thank you(jamie)for sharing..it's the same with me being a fan of them since june 2010 ^^
    My first love was kim hyun joong..and my last love is HEO YOUNG SAENG ^^

    ReplyDelete